By signing up to Walk for autism, you are helping to create a world where no-one on the autism spectrum is left behind.
Autism is different for everyone. Providing the right support requires understanding individual needs, barriers and challenges. Because of this, there
Your steps will fund:
• Assessments that help identify individual needs at any stage in someone’s life;
• School programs that support children to develop skills to become independent and succeed in the wider community;
• Educational outreach programs to support students in mainstream schools by developing tailored goals, lesson plans and skills training which can be individually assessed and planned;
• Early intervention, Positive behaviour support and therapy;
• Employment mentoring and school leaver support for young adults and adults;
• Adult support services empowering people to achieve their individual goals and gain new levels of independence;
• A parent support network and workshops to help families build connections and community;
• Evidence-informed and applied research shared nationwide to benefit everyone on the autism spectrum.